Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Adapting classes for your customers - Rosh Hashanah

This is a real quickie way to adapt classes.  Today I am focusing on the Jewish New Year, also known as Rosh Hashanah.

Here are a few things you can do to alter/add-to/replace a set theme of a project/class.

Here is an easy card template I just made.

To save the template: right click on image, click 'Save as', and then name your file.
Suggestions:


  • Print it out in colour or black and white 
  • Print it onto the 'wrong' side of a patterned paper and then just cut it out 
  • NOTE to CRICUT USERS: If you have an 'older' version of the Cricut and also have SCAL or MTC, you can import the image and cut it out with your machine.

N.B. NOT an actual card - English
N.B. NOT an actual card. - Hebrew

For an English version: make sure the fold is on the left
For a Hebrew version; make sure the fold is on the right.

Quick Stamps!
I grabbed some fun foam and created my own printing plate.
Don't forget to save your sentiments 'backwards' so it will come out correctly on your page.

I printed my sentiment backwards and then placed it over my foam.  Using a pencil I went over the lines on my printed paper, pressing somewhat lightly so I didn't tear the paper.  When you remove the paper you can go over your lines and press harder to 'engrave' the foam.


Run a roller, brayer, or dauber of ink or paint across the surface of your 'stamp' and then press your new stamp on your cardstock or paper.



Here is the template for the Hebrew version of a New Year's greeting.  It is already backwards.
It should look like this when it is printed properly:



I have to get back to making cards! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment